Monday, March 22, 2010

8 hours of sleep?!?!?! CRAZY!!

So after almost two whole months of waking up every 2 to 5 hours to feed and change our darling little alarm clock, we got a "full" night of sleep. I put full in quotation marks for a reason. Lola ate and was changed at 11:30 pm. This is a typical feeding time for her. It's like her midnight snack. It satisfies her for a few hours of sleep, but until a few nights ago that was only 5 hours at most. We laid her down in her crib with the hopes that we wouldn't hear her little cries of hunger until about 5 am. To my surprise and yes with a slight panic, I woke up at 5 am to go to the bathroom but was not awoken by Lola's little hunger cries. As I rush to the crib to make sure she's alright, I was pleasantly surprised to find our little bundle still in a deep sleep and breathing normally. That is probably one of my biggest fears since Lola doesn't like sleeping on her back at all is that I will awaken to find her not breathing or not okay in some way. With the assurance that everything was alright, I continued about my business and then climbed back in bed. Again, with a little bit of panic when I awoke at 7:50 am, I checked her and she was starting to wake up. This was the light at the end of the tunnel that everyone had been talking about. I could see it, more restful nights are in all three of our futures. My aunt assures me that our next baby will not be this well-behaved and will not be this easy (she also has said this about my next pregnancy being so easy, but I really hope she's wrong about that since my pregnancy was pretty much a cake walk). Despite the fact that any future children might not be as amazingly well-mannered as Lola, I'm going to enjoy the fact that my little Lola is sleeping through the night and not worry about what her brothers or sisters might be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment