Monday, November 8, 2010

Like Mother, Like Grandfather...

I know that's a very weird title for a blog post, but go with me for a little bit here...

So growing up I've always been told that I looked like my dad's side of the family, the Jones'. This is definitely the case now, however when I was a baby I looked exactly like my grandpa on my mom's side, Grandpa Richmond.


Ponder this picture for awhile. Just look at it and remember it.

The above picture is a picture of my Grandpa Richmond when he was a baby. He's a pretty cute looking kid if you ask me. When I saw this picture it reminded me of a picture of me when I was a baby. So we compared the two. They were almost identical. It was crazy the similarities between the two. The following picture isn't the one that made me realize the uncanny resemblance, but it's the best one that I could find. All of my baby pictures are in storage. Once they are unearthed I'll have a post with it in there.

Me when I was about a year old.

Now for the really crazy part...Lola has been going through her phases of looking like Drew and looking like me. Currently she's in a Mommy-phase, which I always love. I took this picture the other day while she was walking around in her walker. I looked at it and it just looked so much like my Grandpa and I that I almost started to cry. My Grandpa Richmond is awesome and I love that I look like him, because I hardly take after my mom's side of the family as far as looks go (attitude is a whole other story that would need an entire blog dedicated to it so I'll leave that one alone for now). It also made my mom cry to see that we all looked like her dad.

Cutie pie that looks like her mama and her great-grandpa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment