Monday, April 25, 2011

The Sweetest Things...

There are many nights that I find myself sneaking into mine and Lola's room just to take a peek at my sleepy little angel. She is so perfect it almost makes my heart hurt just to look at her. She lays there so peacefully, usually with her hands folded like a little princess or cuddling her blanket, and everything is right in my world. For those of you who know me well, peace is not something that I get in my day to day life. It is found in God and found in Lola, a precious gift that he has given me. Tonight was one of those nights where I had to sneak a peek. On a rare occasion, I will gently lift her out of her crib and cuddle with her or rock her. As weird as it may sound, smell makes up a great deal of emotion and I find myself smelling her hair and her little hands, because those are the things that are usually closest for me to get to without jostling her too much (I don't want to completely wake her up...that would take away all of the peace to the whole situation. Although it would allow for play time since she would think she was waking up from a nap that just happened to end at 12am). Tonight her hair smelled of Johnson and Johnson. This is such a sweet, clean smell to a mom. I think the thing that got me most tonight was that her hands smelled like banana. She is my little monkey, and would probably consume her weight in bananas if I'd let her. So it just made total sense that she was completely enveloped in the aroma of ripe bananas. It's definitely a good smell to have in my nose as I drift off to sleep tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment