Sunday, July 26, 2009

demolition day

well it's official...there is no drywall and very few walls left in the upstairs of my house. between my 4 uncles, aunt, cousins, janean, jenni, jayla, jesse, and brent we completed stripped the upstairs of all drywall. you can stand in the kitchen and see completely to the back of the house. i was instructed to not do anything after i started having cramps from lifting some drywall, i felt kinda useless (but it was better to not hurt the baby). i would go upstairs every hour or so and more and more was gone each time. it should be done around november...hopefully. 

if anyone has any framing experience and wants to help out in two weeks please let me know. 317 610 6369. it would be great to have more hands than just me, my  mom and my uncle. (we're the only ones who are planning on being there as of right now)

i just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came to help yesterday. we really got a LOT done and it meant a lot to have everyone there. so thank you so so so much!! i was really excited that so many friends and family could come out and help. i love all of you for that!! janean, jenni, and jayla worked ridiculously hard and got soooo much cleaned up. jesse and brent might have broken through the wrong wall but destroyed the old laundry room. my mom didn't care about that too much because she wanted to re-do that wall anyway but i don't think she wanted to re-do it right now. haha. my uncles and cousins destroyed all the walls and are now making room for the the baby. i just keep praying it gets done by the time that i'm big and pregnant and can't/don't want to move around a whole lot. 

thanks again to everyone that helped!! love all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Savannah--hope that you are feeling OK. Glad that you had a successful day. Sorry construction isn't my thing. I'll keep reading maybe one day there will be something I can help with. Have a really great week. julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much help with framing....but I can hold a paintbrush! It might not be done perfectly...but it will get done! Janean and I make a pretty good team I think!! (Right Janean?) So, if you need help in that department...just let me know! Love you!

    ReplyDelete