Thursday, February 25, 2010

Two baths in one day...Hmmm what in the world is she doing?

You would think that a 1-month old wouldn't get that dirty, but today really changed my thinking about that one. One-month old babies don't really need to be bathed on a daily basis because they don't really sweat or get dirty. We've been bathing Lola every third or fourth day depending on any accidents she may have had. Today I decided it was time to give her a bath since her hair was getting very oily and she'd had a few really poopy diapers. Bath time was pretty fun. She really enjoys being in the warm water. I think it's because it reminds her of being back in my belly, but who really knows what babies think about. After the bath, we put some baby oil on her and got her dressed. After a few hours and a pretty hefty feeding, Lola decided she wanted to explode poo in her diaper. This is not an uncommon phenomenon for her so I was prepared for that whenever I changed the diaper. What I wasn't prepared for was for her to be a pee geyser as I go to put the new diaper under her. She must have been holding it just for this particular occasion. She offloaded a TON of pee and was essentially bathing in it. It even got all the way up in her hair!!! I figured that even though she was all nice and baby fresh it was a good idea to clean all that pee off of her. Back into the bathtub she went. And out she came again smelling clean and baby fresh. I can't really complain because it's great to watch how much she loves the bath and I LOVE what her hair smells like after we wash it. I also have to look at the positive...I could be washing poo out of her hair instead of pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment