Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Sunday with the Family

I love Easter! I love the meaning of Easter and I love being able to rejoice in that meaning and spend time with my family. This Easter Drew, Lola and I spent the entire day with family. We started off the morning with an absolutely beautiful (but long due to all of the basketball fans in town) church service downtown at my family church, Christ Church Cathedral. I enjoyed spending time with my aunt and cousin that were visiting from Maine. I really don't get to see them that often so it was nice to spend such an important holiday with them. The fellowship only made the holiday that much better for me.

Lola and I with her Great-Grandpa and Great-Grandma Jones

Mommy and Lola at Church


All of the grandchildren with the new great grand-baby.


First family Easter picture.

After church, we quickly made our way to Terre Haute, Indiana to spend time with my mom's side of the family. My mom's side of the family spends the day grilling out and having a family Easter egg hunt. If there's only one thing that my mom's side does well it's food. Drew and I ate until we were most definitely past our fill line. This is a regular occurrence for me at any family functions. The food is sooo good!! After everyone had their fill of food (or at least their fill for the first round) my aunt hid all the Easter eggs in preparation for the hunt. We scurried around the yard trying to find all the eggs that were hidden. After all the eggs were found we spent the next hour or so having a dirty Easter bunny gift exchange from the numbered eggs that we found in the yard. Lola didn't really get to participate in the Easter egg hunt this year, but next year we'll have to have an Easter egg hunt for the adults and for the little ones. Liam will be joining the family in just a few short weeks (7 to be precise and they will be short because they definitely fly by) and so we'll have 2 little rug rats that will need to participate in the family festivities. I can't wait to see Lola and Liam toddling around the yard trying to find Easter eggs. They won't be very well hidden, but it will still be fun to watch. Spending the day in the beautiful weather with my loving family celebrating the joyous holiday of Easter was a great first holiday for Lola!

Great-Uncle Mike and little Lola. He was her heater for a little bit.


Aunt Julia practicing her mommy skills. I think she definitely has it down and is ready for Liam to be here.


Easter family photo number two.


Lola was passed out from all the traveling and all the activities for the day.


Great-Aunt Pam getting ready for Liam. Aunt Pam has promised to make Lola a girly-girl with arts and crafts. I hope Lola's ready for that. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment