Thursday, April 22, 2010

First True Family Outing

With not having anything to do until we find jobs, Drew and I have been trying to come up with ways to get out of the house and not be bored out of our minds. We decided that free trips and places to go would probably be the best idea. There are tons of things to do in Indy that are free. One of the prettiest this time of year is the Lilly Estate at the IMA (Indianapolis Museum of Art for people not knowledgeable in Indy slang). The gardens are absolutely amazing!! Lola at first was not so pleased with this idea. She needed a diaper change so we decided to lay her changing pad down on the grass in an open field since we had no other options. This was much to the dismay of a lady trying to read a mere 100 feet from us. Lola screaming probably distracted her from a few pages of her reading...oopsy! After that Lola was down to look at flowers. I don't love flowers nearly as much as Drew does. Don't get me wrong, I do love flowers. I like LOOKING at flowers. Drew loves analyzing them and telling me absolutely everything about them. I'm so thrilled that they make him so happy and that he is so interested in them, so I will happily stand by while he tells me what it means that a flower has 5 petals and what a stamen is because I love him and man is he cute when he starts rambling about flowers. I was much more interested in the many photo ops that were along the way. I just really wanted some cute family photos and pictures of us with Lola. I think we accomplished that in the amazing flowers yesterday. It was a beautiful day and we all loved being outside!!


This isn't our new house. Wish it was, but sadly nope. This is still a great family photo in front of the Lilly Estate.


Lola was not a huge fan of getting her picture taken at this particular moment. This is the "Lola Dark" face.


She warmed up to the idea with Mommy though. Gotta love that little smirk!!


I guess she really started to like those flowers.


Gotta love my cute little chunky monkey. I mean come on look at those legs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment