Friday, April 16, 2010

Easter with the Drew's Family

This past weekend, Drew, Lola and I made a trek to northern Indian to visit with both sides of Drew's family. We left early Saturday to get to Bluffton early to spend time with the Isch family (this is Drew's mom's side). Before we could do that though, I had to make a pit stop at his family's party store, Party Gallery, to get supplies for my cousin Julia's baby shower that I am hosting this weekend. They had the PERFECT pattern for her baby shower so I was unbelievably excited about that. Off to the Isch's we went. After a board game and some snacks we went out to dinner. This was great until Lola decided she wanted to poop through her pants. It completely shot out the side of her diaper. This was probably user error on our part and not necessarily super power on Lola's. Oops. After dinner, we went back to Grandpa and Grandma Isch's house and had a chance to visit with the family. It was great because a few of Drew's aunts and uncles, along with their families were able to come to visit and meet Lola. It was a long night for Lola though and she was ready for bed by the time she got to it.

All generations of Kipfer and Isch women. I think we are a beautiful bunch of ladies.

Sunday was our extended Easter celebration with Drew's dad's side of the family. We woke up early to go to church. Lola was with the program this morning, which made getting ready for church much, much easier. The church service was wonderful and I felt very much at home there. Afterwards it was time for lunch and visiting with some of Drew's family. We then made our way to Drew's aunt's house for an early dinner. The girls colored Easter eggs, while everyone else watched the Master's. I'm not the biggest fan of golf so I sat and read. Lola was being passed from aunt to aunt and cousin to cousin. Stacey, Drew's uncle, took his turn holding Lola too (although, Lola just passed out laying down on him. Haha). Grandma Judy "hid" eggs for Marshall, Drew's cousin, to find. Watching him find the eggs just made me think of what Lola is going to be like next year. She'll be toddling around looking for her own eggs. I'm gonna love it!! Soon it was time for dinner, promptly followed by more visiting.

I love spending time with everyone in Drew's family. I always feel so at home with everyone. I am so blessed with a wonderful new family to add to my own. I would say that my Easter celebration this year was one of the best I have ever had.

Lola in her Easter dress trying to be a big girl and sit up by herself.


Marshall kept putting Lola's pacifier in her mouth, even when she didn't need it. But it was so cute I just couldn't bring myself to tell him not to.


Aunt Alyssa and Marshall on the Easter egg "hunt".


Family picture. Drew definitely wasn't this dressed down. He had been playing basketball and had taken off his shirt, but he still looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment