Thursday, June 17, 2010

Solids foods...Yummy in Lola's Tummy

At Lola's 4-month appointment our doctor said it was alright if we wanted to start introducing her to solid foods. After a few tears about my baby Bean being all grown up, I started to get excited about all the fun foods we can introduce her too. Dreams of steak and potatoes, spaghetti, and pancakes floated through my head. But before I get ahead of myself and Lola's immature digestive system we need to start with the basics. Rice cereal is the place to start. She did pretty well with that for the first week or so. After that it was time to move on to more interesting cuisine...pureed squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans and peas. It's best for Lola that we start off with veggies because if we start off with sweet fruits she'll never like veggies. Drew and I have a SERIOUS sweet tooth and I'm pretty sure we've passed it on to her. Lola LOVE LOVE LOVES green beans and sweet potatoes. It's so funny to feed her. Once she's had her fill she has learned that she can blow bubbles in the food when I put the spoon to her mouth. I'm really excited to see how much she's going to grow now that she's eating real foods. Our little Bean will grow like a little weed!!!!


Grandma Nean feeding Lola some rice cereal.


This is the face she makes when she's full and over the whole eating game.


Lola loves her green beans...when she keeps them in her mouth!! :)


"I swear I'm gonna eat Mama!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment