Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Car Accidents = No Fun

After a great weekend in Bloomington, I decided it would be a good idea to hydroplane on 465 and t-bone the median. Not a good decision? I would agree with you. The 13-year-old Toyota 4Runner, that was Drew and my only car, is now sitting at a junkyard where it has met it's death. Pepe, named from the movie "Romancing The Stone" (yes, I love my cheesey 80's romance films), was meant to last Drew and I until we were both done with school. Sadly God had other plans for my beloved car or really me if you want to be technical about it. God needed me to snap out of something and get a reality check. So the median was what I hit to do it. Mentally, I've kind of recovered, but physically I'm still black and blue from my head to my toes. To catalog my injuries, I have a black eye, a bruised nose, a scraped up chin from my face meeting the arm bag and getting a little too personal, 2 bruises on my left arm, 1 bruise on my right arm, a bruise on my chest from the seatbelt, HUGE bruises on both of my upper thighs. My left knee is a little bruised, but my right knee looks like someone took a baseball bat to it. I have minor scrapes and abrasions on my legs. The two miracles from this accident are: I'm still her typing this out to everyone and that Lola was not with me. Thank God for miracles and for my guardian angel, my dad.

PePe's front end. A few feet shorter than she used to be.


She met the median and broke her nose kinda like I did on her airbag!


Not a great picture of my black eye, but it's all I could get.


This was how swollen my right knee was the night of the accident. It's gone down a lot since then.

No comments:

Post a Comment