Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Playdate: Liam and Lola

When Julia told me she was pregnant I was super excited for multiple reasons. Growing up I had always seen her as the motherly type and I was always the career-driver, don't-want-to-have-a-family-til-my-career-is-off-the-ground type. So I was excited for that reason. The other reason that I was excited was that our kids would be about the same age and would be able to play with each other. This past Tuesday, Will, Julia, and Liam made the trek up from Martinsville to come visit. We had made plans for us to go down there Monday, but since we have no car anymore due to the accident I was in it didn't work out very well. We enjoyed having family up for once since we don't really get a chance to entertain at our house often. Dinner was fantastic and then the babies got playtime on the floor in the living room while we ate. Lola is still a little too big to lay on the playmat with Liam so we just set her up so she could look at him and enjoy him. They even decided to talk to each other for a little bit.


Lola looking out for Liam. Hopefully one day they'll look out for each other.


Lola lost her teething ring, but soon found that Liam was much more interesting.


She started to reach for Liam, so...


We gave her her wish and moved her closer so they could talk a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment